4.4.10

a few of my favorite things...

Before I start on the main topic, and in case anyone did not see the update from my last blog, we did NOT get to find out the baby's gender!!! Doctor did the ultrasound and decided it was too soon too tell, even though he said he had an idea of what it was. But instead of just giving us a shallow "diagnosis," he said we could come back in 2 weeks and check again! I was disappointed, but baby looked great, had a perfect heartbeat, and is healthy!! And right now, that is all I care about.

So, last night I watched The Sound of Music. Let me just tell you, no "Do-Re-Me" training in all the world could help my poor singing abilities. But, I LOVE this movie and anything to do with musicals. I can't get enough of Broadway shows and plays where everyone sings and dances.

I think my favorite song from The Sound of Music is the "Favorite Things" song. I can't tell you half of the lyrics, but the tune is the best!

Anyway, this song inspired me to create a blog about a few of my favorite things. These things are pretty random and are all over the spectrum. So, here we go:

1) Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Energy Shampoo - Orange & Ginger
I don't know what it is about this shampoo, but I am utterly obsessed with it. The essential oils of orange and ginger combined are heavenly and really do wake me up in the morning. And this shampoo gets rid of all oil and build-up while not drying my hair out. Also, the bottle is HUGE and lasts me over a month. Really, it is awesome!

2) Philosophy's Inner Grace Perfume



This perfume is my absolute favorite. I found it before Paul and I got married when I was searching for something soft, clean, and elegant-smelling for our wedding. I don't like strong, super-frilly smelling perfumes, so this one is perfect. My husband loves it too! You also don't need but a small spray on your wrists and neck, so the one bottle lasts me a couple of years before I run out!



3) Noxema Original Deep Cleansing Cream



My grandmother had the most gorgeous and perfect skin you could ever imagine. Unfortunately, I don't. However, her secret was regular old Noxema cold cream. Ever since I was a teenager, this is what I've used to clean my face, and I've had pretty decent skin my whole life. In fact, right now, I think this stuff is keeping me from breaking out worse than I could with being pregnant!

4) Owl City
Why I love this guy's music is a mystery. But I love, love, LOVE it love it. Really, I play it every day and never get sick of it. You might be familiar with the song "Fireflies" from the mainstream music stations (if you listen to them). However, I found out about this group long before that song came on the radio, through a great website called pandora.com. I was looking for some new indie Christian music one day and stumbled across this guy. Yes, he is a Christian (yesterday his Twitter said: "He is risen!"), and all of his songs reflect that love for God.

5) Starbuck's White Chocolate Mocha (w/ Soy Milk)



I know, I know. It's expensive and probably not so low on the calorie scale. I haven't even had one since being pregnant! But oh, how I miss that creamy, smooth hot coffee with the perfect amount of white chocolate flavor, espresso and steaming soy milk (regular milk doesn't do well with me). Even not being pregnant though, I only allow myself to have 2 per month to save money. And those 2 days are the best!

6) eBay



I have loved eBay ever since my little brother discovered it years ago. I buy anything and everything off of here, and I have never once gotten ripped off or jipped! The key to it is shopping around and conversing with the sellers to make sure they are legit. I buy all of my regular (non-preggo) jeans from here at discounted prices, sometimes brand new or sometimes barely used. Otherwise, I wouldn't wear them (who can afford jeans at the normal price of $150.00 per pair?). The brand is 7 for All Mankind, in case you're wondering! Anywho, eBay has been my source for awesome stuff at cheap prices for years, and I plan on buying baby things from here also!

7) Old-Fashioned Handmade Soaps



I detest store-bought soaps and body washes. The same ingredients in them are the same in dishwashing detergent, oven cleaner, and other things! I have sensitive skin and for years I could NOT figure out why I constantly itched and had red bumps on my arms. I finally discovered through a website (CLICK HERE) that it was the bath products I was using, so I started making my own soap! Once I have the baby, I'll be making them again and selling them on Etsy (you can read about them on my other blog http://www.rbsoapcompany.blogspot.com/). Anywho, I love any kind of handmade soaps out there that have NO chemicals!

8) The Beach/Ocean


I am an avid swimmer, snorkeler, and scuba diver. I think if there were a such thing as a mermaid, I would sign up immediately. I LOVE being at the beach or in the ocean. I love the amazing life in the ocean, esp. the incredible colors. I love the stillness and quiet of the underwater realm. I am at complete peace when I'm 30 feet below the waves. And I can hear God's voice there more than any other place in the world.

Well, I had better stop here. I have work to do today, haha. Those are just a few of my very favorite things! What are some of yours??
I opened up the voting again for the Baby Poll!! So, just in case you didn't get a chance to vote, you can now. :)
Have a fantastic day and God bless!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Aww I am sorry you did not get to find out. As I have heard most people don't get to find out until week 20. Cute post! :)