24.2.10

out with the old...

I did it.

Did what you might ask?

Well, after spending the past couple of months with tangled, matted straw-like "stuff" on top of my head (thanks to the baby hormones), I broke down yesterday and decided to get professional help.

Now, if you know me, you would know that I RARELY step foot into a beauty salon. I am terrified of them. The dentist? He's great, and I have no problem with him. The beautician? Lord help. I don't know what it is about sitting in that chair and practically surrendering my beautiful locks to somebody that scares me half to death, but I don't like it at all.

Anyway, my hair had gotten to the point of beyond hopeless. I would spend hours each night conditioning, detangling, etc... to no avail. I was starting to look like those poodles on the Westminster Dog Show (no kidding). It was a mess.

How bad of a mess? When I got to the beauty salon yesterday and showed my hair to the beautician, she literally gasped and gathered all of the other beauticians around my head to show them the disaster. After that, it took 2 ladies working together for an hour JUST to detangle and comb through the rat's nest. Then it was time for the beautician (only one this time) to cut off the ends, wash the hair, give it a 20-minute conditioning treatment, add more leave-in conditioner, add shine booster, cut more, add layers, blow-dry, flat-iron, and finally style my nappy roots to get to the end result:




Yes, that is me, with short hair.

I haven't had short hair (or what I consider short) since high school. And I actually like it.

Also, you can see my poochie belly, haha. I am now 11 weeks and 3 days!

The best part of all of this? I am no longer terrified of the beauty salon or the beauticians. They saved my life, and they gave me my real hair back. It is a miracle!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

"I LOVE Avon :) i used to sell it also before i became a teacher!
my favorite Avon product EVER is their Eye Makeup Remover Lotion...i've used it for years and nothing else compares b/c its not oily and its very gentle for my sensitive skin!
thanks for the giveaway!"

Thanks so much for commenting! That is funny that you mentioned the eye makeup remover because I was just looking at that, and wondering how well it worked! I am going to have to try it now! I have been looking for the perfect one so maybe this is it!!

By the way I saw you are pregnant with your first, so am I! Just wanted to share, and great post too!

Kathryn said...

Hi!
I wanted to let you know that you won my Avon giveaway! So please send me your address, thanks!

You can email me it: palmtreegirl24@yahoo.com