19.2.10

ultrasound #3...

Time for another baby update! :)

Yesterday I had another doctor's appointment and another ultrasound. Our sweet little lovie was moving around like crazy! He/she is a wiggle-worm. It was pretty amazing though to see movement for the first time. At one point, baby turned to the camera, stuck a hand straight out and "waved." Be still my beating heart!




Starting to look more like a baby, huh? :)

So how am I doing? Well, my belly is starting to definitely pop a bit. They measured baby at 1o weeks and 4 days, so today I am 10 weeks and 5 days, give or take of course. I've already bought a pair of maternity jeans and wore them today because the rubber band through the button hole on my reg. jeans was starting to hurt a bit. I can still wear some of my reg. jeans under my belly, but it's more uncomfortable when I am sitting down. Here's the first belly picture I have taken:



The nausea and pukiness has gotten a LOT better, though I am still queasy at some times during the day. Last week I thought I would die. I couldn't keep any food down. Now I'm feeling much better and not really craving much except fruit, cereal (particularly Fruity Pebbles), and hamburgers. The hamburger thing is crazy because I haven't eaten a burger in 2-3 years (unless it was a turkey burger).

So right now, Baby Lovie is the size of a kumquat (a type of fruit I've never eaten). But you can see the comparison below to a quarter. Its about 1 1/4 inches long!


By now, baby has completed the most critical point of development (thank God!). But there is still a lot more growing to do. :) Arms and legs are able to move now because joints have developed. Also, vital organs like the kidneys, brain, intestines, and liver are in place and starting to function. Tiny nails are forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing), and peach-fuzz hair is beginning to grow on tender skin.

In the next couple of weeks, baby will double in size again! And by the next ultrasound, in 4 weeks, we will be able to see a LOT more. :D

That is about it for an update for now! I will continue to update you and let you know how we are doing. :) Thanks again for everyone who has prayed for me and for this precious child. We are so grateful that God has made this possible.

1 comment:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Yea!!! Thanks for the update. :) Glad you're starting to feel better, too!

KL