15.11.08

30 minutes...

30 minutes...

thats how long i have to talk to my husband every night

30 minutes to talk about what is going on in my life, what is going on in his, what our finances look like, what i need to do for him while he's gone, how our families are, and some extra lovey-doveyness thrown in the mix

it's amazing how fast that time flies by...and how i live the whole day waiting for that 30 minutes i have with my husband

it seems not fair...like i should get to talk to him whenever i want to, anytime, because he's my husband

what if...

what if we had more than 30 minutes? would it mean as much? would we be as happy to talk to one another? i'm not sure...but for me, 30 minutes isn't enough

30 minutes...

30 minutes with God...there are few days that i spend that much time with Him...is 30 minutes enough time to spend with my Creator, Savior, Redeemer, Sustainer?

no, it's not enough time for Him either, but this is how i live, day in and day out...

for how long have i put You on the backburner God? for how long can i spare to spend time with You every day??? 30 minutes?

when all you want from me is to spend time with me, for us to build a closer relationship so that i look like You, then 30 minutes for You is not enough either...

it seems not fair...like He should get to talk to me any old time He wants to, because He's my God...

but it seems like i'm the one not listening

what if...

what if i made 30 minutes for Him...what if i made MORE than 30 minutes for Him?

if i can make 30 minutes a day for my husband, i can certainly make 30 minutes a day for God...if i can look forward to talking to my husband all day long, i can certainly do the same for my Everything

it's not hard...take 30 minutes away from my computer, and spend it with Him...take 30 minutes away from the television, and spend it with Him...take 30 minutes from whatever it is i do instead, and spend it with Him

i'm commiting to 30 minutes or more a day...

will you commit with me?

2 comments:

? said...

Hello Sara
My first time on here. This is an introductory comment!
Seems we share some interests and I would like to exchange links to return?
Best wishes

Kim said...

Sara hope you get some time with hubby this thanksgiving. Thanks for the encouraging words.