19.6.10

baby update - 27 weeks...

This past week has been super awesome! Sweet husby has been gone for the past 2 weeks doing some military work down south, but I got to go visit him the last 4 days before he came home! We stayed in a beautiful camping area near the base he's at, which is set aside for military families only. They had an RV with air conditioning and everything for us to rent, and it only cost $5 a night!!! There was a lake nearby, and we went swimming on base also. It was fantastic.

The only thing I didn't have was internet, so I couldn't get online to do a baby update. I turned 28 weeks yesterday (Friday), but I'll do that update next week. :)


Last Thursday was the 4D Ultrasound!! I know you are ready to see those pictures, so here we go:


"Hi there, I'm baby boy Fleming! Aren't I cute as can be? I weigh about 2 lbs. here!"


"Everybody says I look just like my Daddy. I have his nose and profile. But, I also have Mommy's cheeks and rounder face!"


"I was not happy here. Mommy couldn't eat for 12 hours because of her glucose test, and the ultrasound tech. kept poking me to get me to turn. I don't usually play or kick at this time of day!"

"I really look like Daddy here! I was practicing sucking in and poking my lips out. Mommy was hoping I'd suck my thumb, but I didn't this time."



" They finally got me to turn a little bit, but I was still very shy and sleepy. I kept putting my hands over my eyes."

"No more photographs, please! I know I'm so adorable, but you'll just have to wait to see me until I come out in a few month." :)

At 27 weeks, baby boy is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, and I've pretty much figured out when he's sleeping or awake. I know he's awake if he's moving like crazy! He loves to kick and play at night the most.
Also, he can now open and close his eyes, though he won't see clearly until after his birth.
He can wiggle his fingers and his toes, and hiccups are common too (though I'm not sure if I've felt them yet).
With more brain tissue developing, baby boy's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now.

So how is Mommy doing?
Well, I've been feeling pretty good, though tired a lot. I feel like I always need rest during the day, and I keep having lots of back pain and leg cramps.
I've also been feeling faint at times, but the doctor says that is normal. I'm now going to the doctor every 2 weeks again to monitor the baby closely as the third trimester is here!
I'm getting more and more excited about being a Mommy! All of the baby furniture is here, albeit not yet put together. My mom is finishing the crib bedding and accessories! The first baby shower is coming up in about a month. And I'm getting bigger!
Well, I need to get busy today, but I'll do another update soon. I hope you enjoyed the ultrasound pictures! Isn't my son the most beautiful thing you've ever seen!?! Okay, I may be just a little partial, haha.
Have a great week and God bless!

No comments: