26.5.10

corn baby - 24 weeks...

It's that time again.


Time for a baby update, woohoo!

I am sure some of you are wondering what in the world my title means, but you're about to find out. :)

This week, my little lovie man is the size of an ear of corn - almost a foot long:


Amazing amazing! To think that he started out the size of a poppyseed just a few months ago blows my mind. I read in my What to Expect book the other day that if a baby grew after birth at the rate he grew inside my stomach, he would be 15 feet tall by 1 month!!! It's unbelievable how God does things.

So, this week, baby boy is continuing to grow at a steady rate. He gained four ounces just since last week! That puts him at just over a pound. :) I picked up a pound of ground beef the other day and kinda freaked out. Can't believe he weights that much already. I am so glad!

Baby is more like lean ground beef right now though, as he hasn't filled out yet entirely. He will start to plump up soon (and so will I)! His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon too!



Here is what things look like inside the womb right now:

So, how am I doing??

Hmm...aside from all the heartburn, achiness, bad sleeping, tiredness, and just feeling BIG, I'm doing great! :)

Really, I cannot complain. Right now I am enjoying being pregnant. The heartburn is fixable with Tums/lemon stuff. The achiness is fine when I have my feet up and am comfy. The sleeping isn't horrible once I find a good position and have my 15 pillows. The tiredness is cured by more sleep. And the bigness, well, thats not "curable" until little lovie comes out!

All in all, I feel better than I ever thought I would being pregnant. I always was afraid I'd hate pregnancy, but it has been way better than I expected so far.

The worst things (and also the best) are baby kicks, pokes, and jabs. Yesterday he kicked my bladder SO hard that I almost used the bathroom on myself. No kidding. It was so embarassing because I am sure my face said it all as I RAN to the restroom as quickly as possible. Then I just laughed and told baby boy that he was going to need to tone it down some if we were gonna make it to 9 months! :)

But, I still like it when he kicks. I love feeling him at night when I'm about to fall asleep, or in the morning when I wake up. I always want him to say "hi" whenever possible. I just wish his hello's weren't so forceful. He really is a Karate Kid! But he is also shy, because a few people still have not felt him kick.

In just a few short weeks, I will get to see every detail of my precious baby boy's face, hands, etc... when we do the 4D Ultrasound! I keep wondering what he is going to look like...or more so, who he will resemble. I hope he gets DH's nose and skin. DH hopes he gets my eyes and smile. We both think he will have blonde hair...maybe not when he first comes out, but probably later. I've always been naturally blonde, and DH was blonde when he was younger up until his teen years. Whatever he looks like, I know he will be adorable to me!

Hmm. Not much else going on. Lately I've been on this cooking craze, where I want to try out every new recipe that looks good and that I think DH and I will like. Maybe this is because I'll be out of school in a few days! I think I've written down about 25 new recipes to try in the past few days. Tomorrow night I'm going to make delicious Spicy Beef Empanadas (I use pre-made pie crust and make "pockets" with the dough) and a Chocolate Sheet Cake for DH. He gets to come home tomorrow night since he won't work Friday for Memorial Day weekend!

That's about it for an update! Thanks for stopping by to read again. :) God bless and have a great week/weekend!

2 comments:

Dana-from chaos to Grace said...

So excited for you!!

I used to love those little kicks. I HATED the hiccups though! LOL They would just go on and on and on and it got SO old! LOL

My favorite is the last trimester and the baby rolls and your whole stomach heaves! LOL The Youth boys would all fight to sit directly BEHIND me so that during the worship (and I sat) they could watch my stomach move and shift. LOL They were so funny!

Anonymous said...

Wear a pad... If you do have a bit on an accident it helps. That's what I had to do because Ben used to do the same thing to me! I'm glad to hear that things are going well. I can't wait to 'meet' that little man!