19.5.10

23 weeks - baby update...

So.


There is a BABY in my stomach. A sweet, adorable, little baby boy.

When I stop to think about it, I get weak in the knees.

I LOVE HIM.


I am head over heels, and I haven't even met him yet. Some days I just sit and stare at my belly, and then I'll feel a little kick or jab (and sometimes I'll have to excuse myself to the ladies' room), and I melt.


Can you just imagine him? Maybe not, since he's not your precious one. But those of you who are/have been pregnant understand. I close my eyes and try to imagine his beautiful little heart, beating so fast, growing stronger. I try to imagine his little cheeks and nose, and his little mouth sucking his thumb.


I try to imagine what he's doing in there. Not much probably, since he's pretty much confined to one area. But I still wonder what it must be like in the womb. I wonder if God whispers to him. Like Samuel in the Bible, mine has already been dedicated to the Lord. I know God has formed each and every part. I know God has already been filling him with His love.


Then I try to dream of what it will be like when he comes out. Oh my...that, I just cannot imagine. I've heard it said from so many that you just can't know what it is like until that little person, created in God's image, is placed in your arms to love and cherish. My heart swells at the thought of it.


I am now 6 months pregnant (according to What to Expect When You're Expecting). Others say it's not 'til 24 weeks, but I'm going by the book, haha.


Little lovie man is growing, growing, growing. And Mommy's tummy is growing, growing, growing too. :)


Here I am, expecting my very first basketball...I mean, baby!





Thankfully, I have only gained 10 lbs. so far. Doctor says I'm doing good and should stay on track if I keep eating healthy and getting some mild exercise.

So what is my little lovie man up to?

Right now, he weighs just over a pound and is about the size of a papaya still. Baby boy loves the sound of my voice and music. And according to research, he also loves it when I dance, due to the rocking and swaying. :) I'll dance for you baby boy!

Blood vessels are developing in the lungs to prepare him for breathing outside of the womb. Loud consistent noises, like dogs barking, vacuums running, and trains have become familiar now, and they won't faze him much once out of the womb.

At this point, I've decided I am going to give birth to the next Karate Kid or All-Star Soccer Champion. Sometimes he kicks SO hard that I sit straight up and almost lose my breath. Or have to run to the bathroom. I don't know if this is a good thing at only 6 months. DH freaks out when he feels it, but in a good way. :) Despite the oddness, I find the feeling of it more than welcome.

Here's a cool picture of what things are like on the inside:




How am I doing?

Well, good really!

Some days I am a bundle full of energy and want to get a million things done. Other days I am pooped and don't want to do anything. Making a baby is hard work. What to Expect says its like working out in the gym 24 hours a day!

I'm also having lots of cramps in my legs, hips and elsewhere at night, and a lot during the day if I sit/stand for too long. Thankfully, I have a very comfy bed. But I also have to have about 5 pillows, unless DH is here!

I am definitely hungry a lot. Food is awesome. But I really am being good about what I eat. I eat at least 2 helpings of veggies and fruit a day, plus extra fruit for snacks. I watch my sugar and sodium intake too. The craving for Coke has gone away for the most part, though it is still yumm-o. But I constantly want cold water. Burgers are still my best friend, though I have cut back tremendously. I heard eating too much cow can turn you into one. ;)

I have terrible "pregnancy brain" though. I mean, it is bad. I can't remember things. Like my keys when I leave in the morning. Or what I'm supposed to do after I use shampoo (next comes conditioner, duh). Or what lesson plan I had for the day in my classroom, even if it's written on the board. It is pretty funny - at least that's what DH says. I'm always afraid I'm going to forget something REALLY important, like to pay bills or something. But so far, nothing that drastic.

Our 4D Ultrasound is in 4 weeks!!! I can't believe by then I'll be 28 weeks along, and my little guy will look the same as he will when he is born (except bigger). I cannot WAIT to see him!

Baby showers are being planned...3 that I know of. I hope not more than that! I think any more would be completely overwhelming and too much.

House renovations are about to begin. We are turning our carport into a Master bedroom. This is so we can have an office in the smallest bedroom. The house is not that big, but this will make it a lot roomier for us with kiddos.

And, some great news is that my BFF is coming to live with me all of June! She has Pharmacy clinicals here in our town, and instead of having to find an apartment for that time, she's going to stay with me!! I can't wait. We haven't spent this much time together in YEARS. :)

Okay, getting hungry again. Thinkin' I want frozen yogurt! I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Aww I totally know how you feel! I love this little boy in my tummy so much too! It's an amazing feeling! :)

Hint: my doctor told me more water, and bananas help with the leg cramps! I had some bad ones, and it hasn't been bad since I started doing that! Also warm bath before bed helps too! :)