8.2.10

ultrasound #2...

Last Thursday, DH and I got to have another ultrasound. Normally they don't do this many so soon, but my doctor is really monitoring me and the baby closely until the first trimester is over. My progesterone has been low in the past, so I am on medicine to help with that. So far, it seems our Baby Lovie is doing fantastic, and I am already head over heels!




Based on how I am measuring, they have moved my due date to September 14th! Originally, it was September 18th. I put a little ticker on the bottom of my blog here so you can watch and see how baby is growing. :)

Right now, I am almost 9 weeks! And Baby Lovie has grown to the size of a small grape!




Baby lovie is starting to look more human, and less reptilian, haha. The tail (which you can see in the ultrasound) is gone at 9 weeks. Baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do the tiny teeth. Also, baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Baby's eyes are fully formed, but the eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks.

Finally, baby is getting ready to put on some serious weight. Which means Mommy is too!

Please keep praying that everything goes smoothly. By the next ultrasound, in 2 weeks, there should be a lot more detail in the ultrasound picture, as well as pictures of my pregnancy bump (I’ve just started to pop). :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sara,

No, I'm not on that site, but when I have free time, I will randomly go through blogs, and save ones that look interesting. I have a huge "favorites" folder full of blogs that I look at sometimes. Sometimes one blog leads to another, and you can't remember exactly how you came across it, LOL.