27.1.10

beating heart...

So yesterday DH and I went to the doctor, in hopes of hearing a little heartbeat. :) Being only 6 weeks and 5 days, I wasn't sure if we would hear anything or see anything.

Sure enough, our little lovie's heart was beating away, super strong. They picked up the sound on the monitor and then "boom-boom, boom-boom, boom-boom..." It was one of the most beautiful sounds my ears have ever heard. Baby has a very loud, strong, steady heartbeat! He/she is doing great.

I, on the other hand, ...well, I can't keep much food down these days at all. I'm pretty much living off of saltine crackers, ginger ale and apple juice (mixed together), and McDonald's french fries and McNuggets with Sweet and Sour sauce. Seriously, those are the only things I can somewhat keep down. It hasn't been fun, folks. But little lovie is worth it!

This week, our baby is the size of one of these:



That is a lentil bean, in case you are wondering! :) Right now, baby is developing rapidly! He or she is starting to grow eyes, ears, nose, cheeks, and chin! Blood is now circulating throughout the system, and a few organs are starting to form. There are little hands and feet that look webbed, but they may start to wiggle by the end of 6 weeks!

I'll keep you updated as I know more. Thank you so much for your prayers. We are so thankful our little one is doing so well so far. It is truly a blessing and a miracle.

No comments: