2.11.09

almost home...

I cannot believe that as I sit here and type this, almost a year has passed since my darling new husband left for training and then for Iraq.

I remember feeling overwhelmed with fear and the unknown; I was unsure of what God was going to do with me while he was gone or how I would get through a whole year without him.

Time is so funny and weird. In the midst of this deployment, every day has felt like it has dragged on, especially the days I felt most alone or fearful. There were many days that it felt hopeless, that he would never be home again. Often, I wanted to just give up on us because, I thought, what was the point of being married if we were never together? I'm so glad I didn't give up. God's power was made perfect in all my weaknesses and His strength has gotten me through. I could not have made it through one day without the grace of Jesus. I don't know how people get through anything without Him...I really don't.

DH is now on his way home. I can't give specific dates or information, otherwise I'd violate OPSEC (security for the military), but I can say that he has left his first location and will be in the States soon, where he'll have to stay at another base for a little while until getting back home. However, that time is not long, and I feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin!

I am praising God in a whole new way now, because I have learned to trust Him in a whole new way. The Lord has taught me a LOT through this time; there have been days where I have had to face the utter ugliness of my heart and soul, as well as my pride and deep-down hurts. God and I have had it out a couple times - we're talking shaking fists and all. :)

But again, I am PRAISING HIM with all of me right now! The love of my life, the one God chose for me before time, is COMING HOME!!!!

I will let you know more as soon as I can, and I'll make sure to post pictures of the homecoming. :) I cannot wait!!!


"Listen! My lover!
Look! Here he comes,
leaping across the mountains,
bounding over the hills.

My lover is like a gazelle or a young stag.
Look! There he stands behind our wall,
gazing through the windows,
peering through the lattice.

My lover spoke and said to me,
'Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, and come with me.'

See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land."

~ Song of Solomon 2:8-12

5 comments:

HIS daughter said...

Oh I am so happy for you and your husband! How exciting that you will soon be together once again :) :)
Blessings!
Katy

S. said...

Glad to hear that your husband will be home soon....

congrats...

S.

Aprille said...

Aww sara sooo excited for you and can't wait to see pictures!!

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Will he be home for good? Or only a little while?

Really happy for you two to be reunited!

Kim said...

That is such great news for you guys. Can't wait to see those homecoming photos!