1.2.13

30 things about me...

 
My sweet friend Kathryn at Singing Through the Rain did an awesome post for her 26th birthday not long ago, and I loved it! She shared 26 random facts about herself. So I decided to do one for my birthday too. It's my second 29th birthday so it is super special, haha. ;)
 
Anyway, here are my t.h.i.r.t.y. (*cough cough, that hurts) random facts about me! Many of you already know a lot of these, but for those of you who don't, enjoy! :)
 

 
1) I was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan (believe it or not, it is a real place)!
 
2) I love anything to do with Ireland, Scotland, and Celtic stuff, esp. Celtic music!
 
3) I am kind of obsessed with coral reefs, the ocean, and scuba diving (though I’ve only been a few times)! My little boy has taken after me with the "feesh" thing. :)
 
4) I am a former All-Star dancer. I won tons of awards, and my best performances were in hip hop and break-dance style (for real yo!).
 
5) I love to go fishing!
 
6) I am a recovering Grammar-Nazi.
 
7) I LOVE fried oysters!
 
8) I do not like flying on airplanes (it’s gotten better over the years though).
 
9) My hair used to be stick straight, super thin, and very blonde. It is now curly, frizzy, and dark blonde-brownish, thanks to pregnancy hormones!
 
10) Frogs are my favorite animal. I was nuts about them as a kid (still am).
 
11) I speak Spanish…though I’m not as fluent as I used to be!
 
12) I really love to watch movies. My favorite movie of all time is Ever After…my wedding dress was even designed from and inspired by it!
 
13) The whole vampire/zombie thing drives me absolutely bonkers.
 
14) I have read every single C.S. Lewis book. Most of them, more than once.
 
15) I have a phobia of dirt. I can’t stand it, esp. if it’s on my floors.
 
16) I am extremely pro-life. I don't always talk about it, but I hate abortion with a passion.
 
17) I do not like my teeth.
 
18) I have high hopes of becoming a really great seamstress. But put me in front of a sewing machine and I can’t remember anything.
 
19) I was awesome at organization while I was a teacher. At home, not so much.
 
20) I switched high schools in the middle of my junior year, by my own choice. I do not regret it!
 
21) My “signature” perfume is Jennifer Aniston. It smells heavenly!
 
22) My favorite Disney character is Dopey, one of the seven dwarves from Snow White.
 
23) I really miss my little boy being a baby.
 
24) My wedding rings belonged to my great-grandmother. They also happen to come from the royal family in England (not kidding…ask me to tell you the story sometime).
 
25) I love children’s consignment stores!
 
26) Sometimes I wish I was an Amish person.
 
27) I love Veggie Tales just as much as my little boy does! My favorite one is Lord of the Beans. Hilarious!
 
28) I do not like scary movies or horror movies.
 
29) One of my uncles was a defense coach for the Miami Dolphins!
 
30) My least favorite chore is doing the dishes (but I like it better than I used to)!
 

2 comments:

Aprille from beautifulinhistime.com said...

I did NOT know the dancer thing! AWESOME!

And I totally didn't realize your dress was inspired by ever after! now I wanna go back and look at the photos!

StephieD said...

I want to do this for my birthday too, but luckily for me, I have until May to think of all the things, since I have 29 to write! ;)
I remember you telling me the dancer thing once, but I didn't know that abut your wedding rings, awesome! :)